The FLARE Secretariat is pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for our 9th Annual Meeting!
Abstracts for oral presentations, lightning talks, panel sessions, workshops, posters and innovative sessions must address one of the meeting themes and follow the abstract guidelines. Please go to the 2023 FLARE Annual Meeting webpage to view the abstract guidelines, for more information on the main theme and sub-themes and other details.
Abstracts are due May 15th, 2023 for full consideration.
We welcome any submissions relating to the overall Meeting theme of “Linking research and action for thriving forests, trees, and people.” Proposals for FLARE 2023 are particularly welcome that:
- Include collaboration between researchers, scientists, government officials, concerned citizens, activists and advocates, business leaders, journalists, and others,
- Involve early career scholars and practitioners, including in intergenerational partnerships,
- Are led by scholars from low- and middle- income countries/the Global South.
- Address barriers to effective use of research in policy and practice and means to overcome them,
- Document and explain the exclusions of research from arenas where it could result in better forest management or improve lives and livelihoods,
- Present cases of positive policy change that reflect good practice in research uptake,
- Demonstrate collaborative approaches that have worked to bridge divides and/or show promise to do so,
- Provide examples of collective action for systemic change that favors thriving human communities and forest landscapes, and/or
- Highlight the voices, challenges, and successes of those who suffer most from forest loss and degradation, climate and environmental change, and restrictive policies.
Please see the 2023 Annual Meeting page for more information about the nine sub-themes!
Abstracts submissions due
Decision notifications on abstracts
Early bird registration begins
Submission deadline for meeting presentations
We look forward to receiving your abstracts! If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.